There is currently only a single type of node available in the City of Things testbed. It consists of of an apu2c4 embedded pc with two WiFi interfaces and a number of additional radio modules that are connected through USB. It supports the following wireless technologies out of the box:
- WiFi 802.11ac on 2.4 GHz and 5GHz
- IEEE 802.15.4 on 2.4 GHz and 868MHz
- Dash7 on 433MHz and 868MHz
- LoRaWAN on 868MHz (client only)
All these components are housed in a waterproof metal box to protect them from the elements. The antenna's of the node are housed in a separate (plastic) enclosure and the two are connected by low-loss coax cables.
- CPU: AMD GX-412TC 1GHz Quad-core CPU
- Memory: 4GB DDR3-1333 MHz RAM
- <Storage: 240GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD
Each node contains a PCEngines apu2c4
as a central controller.